Subject to confirmation.
In the Amphitheatre:
- Irish & Highland dancing demonstrations
- Traditional Irish and Scottish music (Céilí bands)
- Scottish pipes and drums demonstrations
On the Lawns:
- Irish Wolfhound, Scottish & Welsh Terriers and Corgi parade and competition
- Craft stalls
- Food stalls
- Highland games
- Vintage cars
- Motorbike display
Set against the magnificent backdrop of our City the programme will be:
The story of the Celtic diaspora through time, calling everybody to “The Gathering”, told through song, poetry, music and dance.
- Soloists sharing Celtic and other folk music
- Local folk bands collaborating with Celtic musicians and dancers
- Performances of Highland dancing by local studios
- Energetic Irish dancing in the style of River Dance and Lord of the Dance, also from our local talent
- The special sound of pipes and drums presented by local Scottish regiments
- The rich sound of The Cape Town Concert Brass
- The Sterling Electronic Quartet
- The proud voice of The Cape Town Male Welsh choir
- Touching recital of inspiring poetry
- A finale of massed bands of pipes and drums, together with other supporting musicians
Traditional food and beverage stalls will be available.
The style of the festival is inclusive, informal, celebratory and traditional. We intend it to be a break from life’s daily challenges and routines, and a symbol of hope and community.